Subject: AA's effect on background images??
From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey Fitzgerald)
Date: 22 Nov 1994 06:11:34 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

I seen to remember a discussion some time ago about the effects of 
anti-aliasing routines on background images. I never found out what the 
difinitive answer was... So, does AA settings affect the background image??

     Here is an example:
 
     I just got done with an anim, and then thought about adding a flare 
at the end. No problem to do, (I would load up the final frame 
from the anim as a background image and place the light accordingly)...

     However, in doing so would AA be required to make the flare look 
better?   In turn, would AA change these "flared" frames so that they 
looked different when apended to the first anim?

     The obvious is to experiment. But I am sure someone has done this 
before...

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Jeffrey L. Fitzgerald 
                             [email-masked]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
       * Real Life On-Line Help 24 Hrs a Day...    [email-masked] *